Today you can say is the happiest day of my life in 2012 so far!! Cuz i finally received my acceptance letter from NUS stating that they will offer me a placing in 2013/2014. Nobody will understand how i feel because last year today i had actually received rejection letters from all the 3 universities. While my friends are celebrating their acceptance into the various universities last year, i felt quite sad deep down. Yup, i am happy for them cause they have finally done it whereas for myself, i am considered an A level dropout.
I tried to stay positive, psychoing myself that i still have 2 years to apply and i will get it one day but i know chances are slim given my atrocious results. Moreover, the people around me have been sending out negative energy. My parents on one hand claims that they are not upset about my A level results but its bullshit. They actually take it to heart. I know they have high expectations of me because of my sister but they just simply do not understand different people have different abilities. They keep suaning me after my rejection from the 3 unis for the past 1 year, saying why i lously and stuff. Even my sisters start rubbing salt in, saying wow i look so calm from the rejections and do not even feel sad. I mean, such comments will definitely hurt you. I appear nonchalent to them but in fact all the rage and anger is building up in me. Hey look, i am the one applying for the university, of cause i will feel worried, but does worrying help? When i told them i know what i am doing, they just fucked me up. Do you know whats worse? Being suan in front of your relatives during meetup sessions. I simply had enough of this shit for the past one year. The next thing is when meeting up with your friends, i feel fucking irritated when one starts to question which university you go to. I dun mean to take it offensive but its just iritating. Then when i tell them, oh i am not in any universities, i got rejected by all 3 local ones and guess what, they give me the OMGWTF face. I am not afraid of admiting i am not in any universtity last year so why the fuck are you so surprised. So you have a placing you very big fuck meh? Yup, all these are the negative energy generated around me for the past 1 year and it really takes me a lot of strength to just move on everyday, trying my best to ignore all these shit.
So now, i am proud to say i am going to be a future NUS student. I hope all the above nonsense comes to an end. Enough of all these shit. Stop generating negative energy around me. I have a lot of people i wanna thank, first up is my CSE teacher Mr lim for his encouragement for me and believing in me, helping me to write appraisal for NTU even when i did not get in. He is really a good teacher and i am lucky to have met him. He is so much better than the 2 hypocrites i have in JC as my former CT and ex CT. I will elaborate more on my next post. I also have my friends to thank esp my best fat friend amanda lim who stood by me listening to all my rants last year and giving me encouragements along the way, my class guys eehong julian and yewcheng for meetups and creating jokes along the way to lighten the atmosphere, and many more. I guess i will elaborate next time.
Got to book in. Ciaos!